Right now I'm going to read your thoughts. Do not close your eyes, but take a deep breath. Count to six and think of a name of an animal. You know what, not an animal. Think about a question. A question you want to ask me.
The question you probably thought was "How did you learn that?" But maybe in your mind it was more worded in the direction of "When did you start with this?" Or "How did you end up being a mind artist?"
So it goes like that … the weirdest thing, and I do not believe it myself even though it's the truth – at the age of 6 I started being weirdly curious and trying to understand why people were behaving the way they did. In short – I tried to read everyone's thoughts.
Imagine … a 6-year-old in the middle of his first grade flying in the plane with his parents and his little sister. Flying west. This kid is going to amaze your guests soon but at that point – he just knew how to do a simple exercise of detecting truths and lies in the face of friends and family. Imagine this boy revealing the flight attendant thoughts when she brings him crayons and pages for painting. It's a long flight – to the United States.
What happened there changed my life.
We bought an RV that would become our home for the coming year and started traveling with it across the US and across the US
- I did not have a school (I studied in the RV from school books that we bought in advance)
- I had no regular friends (we kept traveling every two weeks)
and mostly –
- had no communication! I did not know English and could not communicate with my environment beyond basic messages …
but somewhere in a touristic pier in California, in a badly lit magic shop – my parents bought me a magic kit … this kit has opened the door to a world in which i learnt i have the ability to surprise every human being in eight different ways. (or more)
suddenly I could communicate with English-speaking kids my age, not in words – but in magic!
The first sentence I learned in English was "Do You Want To See A Magic" .I discovered that I can communicate with people around me, and allow them to see something new that they've never seen before.
since then over twenty years have passed. I remember this kid. He helped me turn a talent into a life goal.
three quick facts:
- I founded an academic center in Jerusalem to study the art of minds.
- ran and performed in fluent English all over the world – Sydney, Melbourne, Madrid, Athens, Los Angeles, New York and for closure- California!
- I perform with a real brain scanner and teach the audience to recognize what thoughts look like and how to read them
Mind art is my greatest passion. It's what I think of when I get up in the morning and dream about it at night, there is nothing I love more than creating new psychological illusions and giving people a chance to challenge what they thought they knew.
I'm Neta Bressler – and I invite you to rethink human thought.